Sunday, March 8, 2009

14- Saturday

Instructed by: Leslie

practiced with : Misa, Alan, Jamie, Masato, Cindy, and Deena

We started the practice with some conditioning exercises: playing the teeter-totter on the entry to suwari waza ikkyo (omote and then ura). Then we practiced it all the way through and then took it up to tachi waza. Then we practiced irimi nage and kokyuho. Leslie showed me on a couple of occasions how I could put my center of gravity beneath that of the uke (while practicing with Masato, who now almost always makes me work). She also showed me how to use my body and not my arms when executing both irimi nage and kokyuho. It makes a real difference when I manage to drop my center like that.

I'm still so stiff, but I can feel a new confidence in my practice. Thursday night I dove over two kneeling people into a forward roll. I landed all wrong and hurt the next day, but the point is that I did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment