Thursday, March 12, 2009

15 and 16- Tuesday

General class with Miguel
Practiced with Deena, new Chris, and Dominck

The first half of the class was all about ukemi and conditioning. Then we practiced shomen uchi suwari waza ikkyo (omote and ura) and nikkyo (omote and ura). Really need ot work on my ukemi and on my nikkyo.

Weapons class with Deena
Only person

Deena gave me the option of working with the bokken. We moved very slowly and just did some suburi at first. Then she started to show me some iaido techniques. The first was drawing and slashing stright forward, then to the left, and then straight behind. At the end of class, she invited me to start practicing iaido. I'm not totally sure, but I think it would help a lot to develop my focus, control, and lower body development.

No comments:

Post a Comment